A School and Sports College was in need of a new provider for their payroll, pensions, and HR administrative services as their current provision was coming to an end. Recognising the complex nature of the service and the need to remain compliant, the school sought out innovative bids from specialist service providers. Value Match stepped in to manage the procurement process and, through a below threshold competitive tender process and close collaboration with the school, was able to provide a bespoke solution that met the school’s specific needs and saved them over £45k over the 5-year contract period. The project was completed within 8 weeks, allowing the school to fully mobilize in advance of the contract start date.
A School and Sports College were looking for support to reprocure a Payroll, Pensions and HR administrative Service Provider.
The current provision was coming to an end and the school recognised the need to reprocure the service, in a compliant manner. The complex nature of the service meant that a specialist service provider was required to ensure they were up to date with current legislation, pay and pensions, and annual reviews to fully manage the school’s requirements.
The school was looking to receive innovative bids that were tailored to their specific requirement to deliver this vital service and how they can support the workload allowing internal staff to maximise their own time supporting the school directly.
Value Match identified a route to market and provided a solution, in partnership with the school, as we managed the procurement process for the Payroll, Pensions and HR administration service.
- We engaged in a below threshold competitive tender process to provide a quick route to market to ensure we could meet customer deadlines.
- We engaged with the school, and all the relevant stakeholders, to understand what key criteria should be included within the specification that mean the tender was bespoke, accurate and meet the schools internal department objectives.
- We conducted early market engagement with potential suppliers to understand what the market could provide and finalised the specification based on market feedback.
- Compiled the appropriate documentation
- Managed the tender and clarification process whilst maintaining appropriate records.
- Provided evaluation training to the panel of school staff and governors.
- Managed the technical and commercial evaluation process.
- Provided project management and weekly briefings to the school to ensure they were continually updated on the process through to effective delivery.
- Managed the contract award stage with Evaluation reports provided to the school along with supplier notifications and debriefs provided
As a result of this procurement, the school were able to
- Complete a compliant, cost-effective procurement process resulting in the most economically advantageous tender being awarded.
- The appointment of a service provider that can deliver a higher quality service than previously received, at a lower cost.
- The appointment of a service provider with a social value agenda to support outside of the core service offering such as providing mentoring/career advice, CV writing and application form workshops and interview preparation workshops, including mock interviews, as added value services to support the school and their pupils.
- Achieved a saving of just over £45k over the 5-year contract period, demonstrating a 43% saving for the school against the previous payroll provision.
The project was completed with 8 weeks ensuring the school were able to fully mobilise in advance of the contract start date.
For further information, contact Lindsay Rosul
T: 07702 823 648